Thursday, August 13, 2015

Emma Jean

Emma's BIRTH day was July 13th.  She is our fifth great grandchild and our second great granddaughter.
Emma is an important part of this very large family (even though she didn't get here in time to be in the picture). 
And an important part of this large family (even though she didn't get here in time for this picture either).
And a very special, important part of this smaller (but large) family.  (Posed by Beth Fletcher Photography)
Tonight I thought to interview her for her BIRTHday post but I realized she was probably too young to answer all my questions so I decided to just let her just tell her story. That's okay with you isn't it, Emma?  Sure, I don't mind at all.
Can you describe for us how your special day unfolded?  Well, as far as I could tell, everything was pretty normal and calm at first.  I was cozy in my mommy's belly and I had no idea what was about to happen.  It seemed like everybody was just waiting for something.



Turns out they were waiting for ME!
I could tell my mommy was starting to get a little tense after awhile.
And right after that I found myself in a bright, cool room with tons of people.  Mommy seemed happy to see me


 And so did Daddy.
I didn't know what to think at first.

 But then I realized I could finally look into the eyes of the person that carried me and loved me and talked to me for the last nine months.
 And then I got to check out my daddy too.  He's been talking to me and I've been listening to him for nine months too.
What a day!  Mommy and I posed with our doctor.
Then a nurse held me up for my very first, real photo op.  I tried to give a good princess pose but it was hard.
And just when I was starting to think how wonderful it was to be out here with Mommy and Daddy, this same nurse took me farther away from them and put me in some kind of bed and starting doing all sorts of STUFF to me.



And I didn't like it one bit!!!
Then this nurse 
took me back to Mommy and Daddy and things were all good again.



Then Mommy fed me
 And Daddy burped me

And it was time to meet some pretty important people in my life starting with my maternal grandma.
Then my maternal great grandpa and great grandma.

After that, we all moved to a different room.
where I would get to meet even more very important people.
It was confirmed!  I had brothers and a sister!  I'd suspected I did from the sounds I used to hear but now I knew for sure!
Then each of them held me for a minute.  First Dane
Then Wade
My sister, Aubrey
and my oldest brother, Jack.
 Then I got to meet my paternal great grandmother, Nani
 And my paternal grandmother.
And finally we tried to get our first family photograph.
All in all, it was a wonderful, crazy, busy day!  I was exhausted and I still had to have my bath later.  But that was after all my relatives left.  I'm excited to be a part of this large beautiful family.  I can tell by watching my brothers and sister that my mommy and daddy are wonderful parents and that I'm going to be very loved and cared for.  Thanks for reading my story.
And of course I have to add my 2 cents.  We are thrilled to welcome this beautiful little girl into our family.  And we're so proud of Chris and Amber and the family that they are raising.  It reminds me of another family many years ago.   We're looking forward to spending as much time with them as possible and watching these wonderful little personalities develop.  So Happy First Birthday, Emma. We love you so much! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Gentle, strong, kind or true, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Short or long, it's up to you, your comments and thoughts really make my day!