Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Dane Robert

Today is Dane's 5th birthday!
Dane is our 2nd great grandchild and our 2nd great grandson.
He was born in Michigan - about 3 1/2 hours away from Michigan City but I still got to be there for his beautiful birth.
Dane is an important part of this large family.
(which is even larger now because he has a new little sister who wasn't in this picture.
And an important part of this smaller large family (insert Emma's picture here too.)
And an even more important part of this beautiful family.
Yesterday I conducted a little phone interview with Dane.  Here's how it went:
So tomorrow is your birthday, isn't it.  Yes   Are you excited?  Yeah!
How old are you going to be?  Five  Are you excited to be five?  Yeah  What are you going to do for your birthday?  I want to go to Chuck E. Cheese.
What do you want for your birthday?  A bike?  What else?  Ummmm Smash Bros.  What is that?   It's a game for my DS.  Jack has it and we share it but I want one of my own so I can play against Jack.  Is that all you want?  No, I want a real baseball glove.  Do you still like to play baseball?  Yes! 
 Who do you play with?  My Dad.  
Are you excited for school to start?  Yeah  Why?  Because.
What grade will you be in?  Kindergarten.  Will you be going all day?  Yeah.  Are you excited for that?  Um hmmm
What do you like best about school?  Ummmm Playing Playing what?  Ummm with blocks.
What don't you like about school?  Ummm going to school?  And Reading.  Oh you'll love reading when you understand it.   No I won't.
Do you like having a brand new baby sister?  Yeah.  Are you helpful with her?  Yeah
What do you want to be when you grow up?  A worker.  What kind of worker?  Like Daddy.
How many kids do you want to have when you grow up?   Ummm 2.  2 boys.
Are you a good helper for your mommy and daddy?  Yeah. What do you do?  I put paci's in Emma's mouth.  How do you help Daddy.  Cleaning up.
Is there anything else I could ask you about?  Yes, I want a big basketball net.  You like sports don't you?  Yes, I'm really good at baseball.  I hit the ball really far. 
 Could you get me a bat to keep at your house? Yes we could.
  And I want a skateboard too.  And I like video games like Mind Craft.   Also, we have three little snakes.  When we go outside we have to catch ten bugs for them to eat.  One time I saw one eat a worm.  
And as usual, there's lots I could add about Dane.  He does love baseball and has since he was about 2 years old.  He'd follow everybody around with a bat and ball trying to find someone to play with.


  He's also very responsible.  He was very young when Chris and Amber were spending the weekend one time and told the kids it was almost bedtime and that they should pick up the toys.  He picked up toys very conscientiously - carefully sorting them into their respective boxes - and crying his eyes out the whole time. It was too cute for words.   Now he still carefully sorts and puts away toys - but without crying.  lol  He's such a good boy!
  He's also very sweet and loving.  He's observant and smart and loves his brothers and sisters more than anybody.  We love him very much and are wishing him his happiest birthday ever - even though we happen to know he's not going to Chuck E. Cheeses.  Hopefully the surprises that await him will outweigh the visit to Chuck E. Cheeses.  So Happy Birthday, Dane!!  We're very proud of you and love you more than you can even imagine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gentle, strong, kind or true, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Short or long, it's up to you, your comments and thoughts really make my day!