Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Jeremy Andrew

On June 26th our family celebrated three birthdays and on that day we were beginning a spate of traveling and house guests that would extend all the way to yesterday.  So today, I'm going to start playing catch-up beginning with Jeremy.  On the 26th, Jeremy, our 9th grandchild and 6th grandson, turned 16!!
Jeremy is an important part of this large family.
And an important part of this smaller large family.
And, of course, a very important part of this even smaller family.
We were lucky enough to share a birthday dinner with him as we began our trip out east but it wasn't until this evening that I interviewed him.  (Throughout the interview I'll be including pictures of him 'through the years'.)
Hi Jeremy!  How are you?   I'm doing pretty good.
Do you mind if we conduct a late birthday interview now?  I don't mind one bit!
Did you have a good birthday?  I did.
What was your favorite part?  Going to a restaurant and having you & Grandpa and Amber & Chris and the kids come over.
What are you looking forward to in the coming year?  Getting my driver's license.  I'm hoping I'll get it sometime this winter.
What's your favorite sport?  Golf

You're going to be a Junior this year?  Yes  Are you looking forward to it?  I am!  Why?  It's one year closer to getting on to bigger and better things.
And you'll be trying out for the golf team again?  I wouldn't need to try out since I'm playing varsity already.  Plus we don't need to try out because we don't get enough people to make cuts.
What's your average?  It's definitely dropped since the high school season.  I'd have to say like 44 or 45 for nine holes.
Which do you prefer, band or golf?  It's like picking between children.  I love them both.
What has been the highlight of the past year?  I'd have to say it was the whole experience of trying out for drum major.  I didn't make it but conducting the band and doing drill with them was a pretty cool experience and I really enjoyed it.  
How do you like being an uncle of five at such a young age?  It's amazing.  What do you like best about it?  It kind of prepares me for what to expect.  You mean like when you have five children?  I'm probably not going to have five children but it prepares me for being around young one children that I love.

What's your favorite subject in school?  Earth Science  Do you plan to go to college?  Yes

What kind of career path are you interested in?  I don't know.  Maybe engineering but what kind of engineering?  I'm not sure.
What do you see yourself doing in ten years?  I'd like to picture myself settled down a bit and have at least a kid or two and a steady job.    
And what can you tell us about yourself that we haven't covered in this interview?  I like to think of myself as hard working.  I'm a fairly avid golfer.   I play the trumpet in band.  And I enjoy fishing and playing Battlefield 4 with my friends.  
Also I loved spending the holidays in Golf Shores and I can't wait to get back.  What did you like best about it?  The whole atmosphere was awesome.  The feeling of being where it was warm and where we could get out seemed to put everybody in a good mood all the time.  It was great!
And of course, there's so much I have to add about Jeremy.  First and foremost, he's one of the sweetest, most considerate, kindhearted kids in the world.  He's loving to his little nieces and nephews, his grandparents, and everyone else he encounters.  He's also smart, hard-working, ambitious, and very handsome.  We were glad to share his birthday dinner with him and we're hoping the coming year is absolutely awesome for him.  He deserves it.  So Happy Birthday all year, Jeremy! We love you so much and we couldn't be more proud of you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gentle, strong, kind or true, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Short or long, it's up to you, your comments and thoughts really make my day!